Leap Second Configuration via Telnet and SSH
To enable a leap second flag for the 2016 leap second via Telnet or SSH:
- Enter command > leapsecond on positive 12/31/2016
- Command > leapsecond will confirm the leap second is enabled
> Leap Second is enabled
Insertion time and date for a positive leap second:
23:59:59 UTC time, on 12/31/2016
Leap Second Configuration via WinDiscovery Configuration Software
Note: You must have WinDiscovery v4.4.0 or later to configure the leap second. Download the latest version here.
- Open the Device Settings window for the device you are configuring.
- Click on Administration Functions box.
- Click on Leap Second Date.
- Check the Enable Leap Second box, enter the leap second date (12/31/2016), and select whether the leap second is positive or negative (positive).
- Click Ok.
- Save the configuration changed in the Device Settings window.
If you have any questions regarding the upcoming leap second or need any assistance, contact Masterclock Support.