TCS100 Time Code Switcher
- Accepts SMPTE / EBU or IRIG-B (modulated and unmodulated TC)
- Front panel switches allow manual selection of source A or B or automatic mode.
- "Good" - "Fail" indication and selection status of each TC source and the changeover unit is shown with front panel LEDs.
- An auxiliary A/B source can be switched along with the TC. This auxiliary switching is a relay contact and can be used to switch any low level control or signal source.
- Internal alarms sound (can be disabled with jumpers) upon loss or failure of a source of TC or switcher unit.
- Status and other system information is provided via a simplex (one-way) RS-232, 9600 BAUD
TCS-100 Time Code Switcher
The TCS100 is a time code changeover unit designed to provide automatic or manual switching between two time code sources. The unit decodes both sources of incoming time code, compares availability and quality of both sources to an internal standard, and makes logical decisions concerning time code status for automatic switchover.
SpecificationsTCS-100 Time Code Switcher
- TC inputs: isolated BNC: unbalanced
- TC output: isolated BNC: unbalanced
- Auxiliary switching via DB-9
- External alarm via DB-9
- DC Input
- DC input (9-28 VDC)
- External wall mount supplied via 2.1mm power connector, UL & CE listed
- Power consumption: <6 watts
- Supplied with US, Euro-plug, British or AUS/NZ (Others optionally available)
- Temperature: 0 to +60°C
- Humidity: Up to 90%, non-condensing
- Size: 4.2w x 1.5h x 5.5d in (10.6w x 3.8h x 14 cm)
- Weight: 16 oz (454 g)
- Cover: Eggshell white aluminum
- Front/rear panel: Burnished aluminum
- Optional rack mount kit available
Standard GPS AntennaGPS Antenna
The "standard" package allows cable lengths up to 500 ft (150 m). The antenna is water/moisture resistant, with 26 dB and 32 dB amplification respectively and are suitable for indoor or outdoor mounting.
RC1000Dual-Channel Production Timer
The RC1000 is a dual-channel up/down production timer for count and control applications. Supporting network and time code, this device is essentially two counters in one. Counts are entered via a numeric keypad and a new count can be started during a current count or after it has stopped.
DA12Dual Channel Distribution Amplifier
The DA12 is a dual-channel distribution amplifier for SMPTE, EBU, IRIG-B, 1PPS and other signals. It isolated and amplifies time code, RF and electronic pulses to a dozen leads. The DA12 is an Ideal hub for clock systems distributed over large areas and distances.
Industry LiteratureNetwork Timing Technology: NTP vs. PTP
Time synchronization serves a fundamental role in any network, but it's too often added as an afterthought. However, it can mean the difference between correctly troubleshooting a conflict in…
Industry LiteratureGPS vs GNSS: Understanding PNT Satellite Systems
To most people, GNSS satellites are something vague that fly around in the upper atmosphere. From there, the technical details tend to get a bit hairy. As long as they function…
Industry LiteratureHow Does GPS Network Time Synchronization Work?
Whether you're trying to get people to show up for a meeting or managing a scalable cloud-based business application, synchronicity is vital. Countless stakeholders and machines play…
Industry LiteratureGPS Antenna & Cable Information
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a worldwide radio-navigation system formed from a constellation of 24 satellites that continuously orbit the earth. Each GPS satellite has on…
Industry LiteratureWhy You Need an NTP Server
A network time server is not something many business owners think of, and timekeeping is usually not a priority for network administrators. However, proper network time synchronization…